CALDBECK PARISH COUNCIL
NOTICE of the Ordinary Meeting of the Parish Council at Caldbeck Parish Hall on:
MONDAY 6 September 2021 commencing at 7.30pm
Following the Government’s easing of COVID restrictions, there is no longer a limit on the numbers of members of the public who can attend the meeting. The Parish Council would ask those attending to continue taking appropriate measures for the benefit of all.
To receive apologies for absence.
To authorise the Chairman to sign the minutes of the Ordinary Meeting of the Parish Council held on 26 July 2021 as a true record.
3. Declaration of Interest
- Request for Dispensations: the Clerk to report any requests received since the previous meeting for dispensations to speak and/or vote on any matter where a member has a disclosable pecuniary interest.
- To receive any other declarations by members of interests in respect of items on this agenda.
4. Public Participation
At the Chairman’s discretion, to allow members of the public an opportunity to ask questions and raise matters of interest.
- Report from Mike Johnson, County Councillor.
- Report from Tony Annison, Allerdale Borough Councillor.
- Questions or matters of interest raised by residents.
Update on coronavirus pandemic from County Council and Allerdale Borough Council.
6. Hesket Lonning Footpath
Update on progress since the last meeting.
7. Caldbeck Public Toilets
Update on transfer of public toilets from Allerdale Borough Council and ongoing arrangements.
8. Street Lighting
Update on progress since last meeting – reinstallation of light near Calva/Parish Hall and removal of Hesket Newmarket street lights .
9. Caldbeck Green
- Update on pilot project proposal for increasing biodiversity on Caldbeck Green.
- Consideration of Hesket Newmarket pond and management of Stadledykes and land at Howbeck, Hesket Newmarket.
- Caldbeck Scout Group offer to assist with tree planting and other activities.
10. Lake District National Park land disposals
Report on issues arising from the purchase.
- Update on Caldbeck car park, notices, arrangements for cash and non cash donations, demarcation of parking spaces.
- Arrangements for Hesket Newmarket car park.
- The Coach House, Hesket Newmarket.
- The Old Map Shop, Caldbeck.
- The Beeches, Caldbeck.
- Hesket Bonfire and email from Sue Robson.
- Tree survey on land at Caldbeck and Hesket Newmarket.
- Proposal for Property Working Group.
11. Car parking in Caldbeck
Update on progress since last meeting.
12. Speeding Traffic in Hesket Newmarket and Caldbeck
Update on progress since the last meeting and consideration of Caldbeck speeding concerns.
13. Parish Maintenance
- Caldbeck Parish Highways priorities, including briefing sent to Mike Johnson emphasising the Parish Council’s role in helping identify priorities.
- Midtown blocked gulley.
- Historic sign post Hesket Bridge.
- Warning signs at Faulds Brow and Wath Brow.
- Snowhill damaged sign post.
- Upton potholes/resurfacing.
- Road from Snowhill towards Uldale – carriage way breaking up.
- viii)Himalayan balsam reports and removal activity.
- Boxes for storing flood hydrosacks Hesket Newmarket.
- Bench repairs and cleaning.
- Sign at Blue Gates after car accident 8 August 2021.
To consider any other urgent matters regarding parish maintenance
14. Planning applications and decisions
- 7/2021/2233 Land at Town Head (Rowan Nook & Mickle How), Upton, Caldbeck, CA7 8EU Amendment to design to allow revised details for plot 2, condition 2 (plans) on planning permission 7/2013/2250 for 2no. local needs houses.
- 7/2021/2244 Wood Hall, Hesket Newmarket, CA7 8JY Roofing over an existing agricultural cattle handling yard.
- 7/2021/2223 Old Smithy, Caldbeck, CA7 8EL Refurbishment of the existing tea room/cafe, timber clad two storey side extension and 2no residential flats above.
- 7/2021/2182 (Full Planning Application) and 7/2021/2183 (Listed Building Consent) Howbeck House, Hesket Newmarket, CA7 8JN Conversion of part of an existing attached barn to provide additional living accommodation (retrospective).
- 7/2021/2256 High Greenrigg House, Caldbeck, CA7 8HD Replacement of windows and doors
- T/2021/0103 7 Riverside, Caldbeck, CA7 8DX Fell and remove 1 common ash No Tree Preservation Order required.
- 7/2021/2182 (Full Planning Application) and 7/2021/2183 (Listed Building Consent) Howbeck House, Hesket Newmarket, Wigton, CA7 8JN Conversion of part of an existing attached barn to provide additional living accommodation (retrospective) Permission granted.
- 7/2021/2133 (Full Planning Application) and 7/2021/2134 (Listed Building Consent) Askewmire, Caldbeck, CA7 8HB Alterations and lean-to extension Permission granted.
- 7/2021/2155 Bonners Farm, Caldbeck, CA7 8HB Alterations to elevations following planning approval ref 7/2019/2331. Permission granted.
15. Community Led Affordable Housing
Update on progress since last meeting.
16. Fair World Shop
To consider report on lease renewal.
17. Parish Benches
Update on memorial bench provided by Paul Merone.
18. Building plot at Hesket Newmarket
To consider a request to ascertain United Utilities change of policy for building over a public sewer.
19. Training Programme
To agree attendance on Cumbria Association of Local Council’s Autumn training programme.
20. Appointment of new Parish Clerk and sharing responsibilities
- To receive a report on the appointment of a new clerk.
- To consider how Parish Council responsibilities might best be shared with Parish Councillors and the clerk.
21. Monthly Accounts 2021-22
To approve the receipts and payments since the last meeting, note bank balances, review budget monitoring report and note external audit progress.
- 8 August 2021 Interest £0.92.
- 3 August 2021 Mark Binney grass cutting £242.50.
- 8 August 2021 Mark Binney Lengthsman’s contract £606.66.
- 26 August 2021 Marmex Products bench £372.00.
- 26 August 2021 Orian Property Services Caldbeck public toilets re-opening set up costs and July cleaning £735.94.
Bank Balances as at 29 August 2021
- Current Account £14,147.81.
- Deposit account £108,561.79 including £98,627.80 for Hesket Lonning footpath.
To note items of correspondence received since the last meeting:
- Cumbria Constabulary, County Council: various coronavirus updates.
- CALC: newsletters, updates.
- Lake District National Park: Geoff Davies August report.
23. Next Meeting 18 October 2021
The intention is for the meeting to end by 9:30pm