Agenda for the Caldbeck Parish Council meeting to be held in Caldbeck Parish Hall on Monday 18 October 2021 at 7:30pm.
To receive apologies for absence.
To authorise the Chairman to sign the minutes of the Ordinary Meeting of the Parish Council held on 6 September 2021 as a true record.
3. Declaration of Interest
- Request for Dispensations: the Clerk to report any requests received since the previous meeting for dispensations to speak and/or vote on any matter where a member has a disclosable pecuniary interest.
- To receive any other declarations by members of interests in respect of items on this agenda.
4. Public Participation
At the Chairman’s discretion, to allow members of the public an opportunity to ask questions and raise matters of interest.
- Report from Mike Johnson, County Councillor.
- Report from Tony Annison, Allerdale Borough Councillor.
- Questions or matters of interest raised by residents.
Update on coronavirus pandemic from County Council and Allerdale Borough Council.
6. Hesket Lonning Footpath
Update on progress since the last meeting.
7. Caldbeck Public Toilets
Update on transfer of public toilets from Allerdale Borough Council and ongoing arrangements.
8. Street Lighting
Update on progress since last meeting – reinstallation of light near Calva/Parish Hall and removal of Hesket Newmarket street lights.
9. Caldbeck Green
- Update on pilot project proposal for increasing biodiversity on Caldbeck Green.
- Consideration of Hesket Newmarket pond and management of Stadledykes and land at Howbeck,Hesket Newmarket.
10. Property Matters
Report on issues arising from the purchase.
- Update on Caldbeck car park, notices, arrangements for cash and non cash donations, demarcation of parking spaces.
- Arrangements for Hesket Newmarket car park.
- The Coach House, Hesket Newmarket.
- The Old Map Shop, Caldbeck.
- Tree survey on land at Caldbeck and Hesket Newmarket.
- Property Working Group report
11. Car parking in Caldbeck
Update on progress since last meeting.
12. Speeding Traffic in Hesket Newmarketand Caldbeck
Update on progress since the last meeting and consideration of Caldbeck speeding concerns.
13. Parish Maintenance
- Caldbeck Parish Highways priorities, including briefing sent to Mike Johnson emphasising the Parish Council’s role in helping identify priorities.
- EI/18856 – Upton potholes/resurfacing – white lines and completion work
- EI/18857 – Warning signs at Faulds Brow and Wath Brow
- EI/18934 – Sign at Blue Gates after car accident 8 August 2021
- EI/18936 – Snowhill damaged sign post
- EI/18937 – Historic sign post Hesket Bridge
- Road from Snowhill towards Uldale – carriage way breaking up
- viii)Midtown blocked gulley.
- Boxes for storing flood hydrosacks Hesket Newmarket.
- Bench repairs and cleaning.
- Blocked drainage ditches on Caldbeck Common above Knocker House.
- To confirm November 22nd as Caldbeck Village tidy morning
To consider any other urgent matters regarding parish maintenance
14. Planning applications and decisions
- 7/2021/2296 Howbeck, Fellbank, Hesket Newmarket Village, Hesket Newmarket, CA7 8JN Rear single story extension
- Decisions notified
- 7/2021/2244Wood Hall, Hesket Newmarket,CA7 8JYRoofing over an existing agricultural cattle handling yard. Permission granted.
- 7/2021/2256 High Greenrigg House, Caldbeck, Wigton, CA7 8HD Proposal: Replacement of windows and doors. Permission granted.
15. Community Led Affordable Housing
Update on progress since last meeting.
16. Fair World Shop
Report on lease renewal.
17. Lengthsman activities
To consider a report on the activities undertaken under the Lengthsman’s contract.
18. Sharing Parish Council responsibilities
To consider how Parish Council responsibilities might best be shared with Parish Councillors and the clerk.
19. The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee Celebrations
20. Monthly Accounts 2021-22
To approve the receipts and payments since the last meeting, note bank balances, review six monthly budget monitoring report, approve payment of grants, and note conclusion of external audit.
To note items of correspondence received since the last meeting:
- Cumbria Constabulary, County Council: various coronavirus updates.
- CALC: newsletters, updates.
- Lake District National Park: Geoff Davies September report.
22. Upcoming meeting Dates
6 December 2021
10 January 2022
The intention is for the meeting to end by 9:30pm