CALDBECK PARISH COUNCIL
NOTICE of the Annual Meeting of the Parish Council to be held on line via Zoom Meeting ID 884 2346 5925 Passcode 513911 (also accessible via telephone 0208 080 6591 then the Meeting ID number) on Thursday 6 May 2021 to follow the Annual Parish Meeting which takes place at 7:00pm.
- Election of Chairman for the next Council year
2. To accept Chairman’s Declaration of Acceptance of Office
3. To appoint a Vice Chairman for the next Council year
To receive apologies for absence.
To authorise the Chairman to sign the minutes of the Ordinary Meeting of the Parish Council held on 22 March 2021 as a true record.
6. Declaration of Interest
- Request for Dispensations: the Clerk to report any requests received since the previous meeting for dispensations to speak and/or vote on any matter where a member has a disclosable pecuniary interest.
- To receive any other declarations by members of interests in respect of items on this agenda.
7. Public Participation
At the Chairman’s discretion, to allow members of the public an opportunity to ask questions and raise matters of interest.
- Report from Mike Johnson, County Councillor;
- Report from Tony Annison, Allerdale Borough Councillor; and
- Questions or matters of interest raised by residents.
8. Hesket Lonning Footpath
Update on progress since the last meeting.
9. Caldbeck Public Toilets
Update on transfer of public toilets from Allerdale Borough Council and ongoing arrangements.
10. Street Lighting
Update on progress since last meeting – reinstallation of light near Calva/Parish Hall
11. Parish Maintenance
Past issues for noting
- Caldbeck Parish Highways priorities, including briefing sent to Mike Johnson emphasising the Parish Council’s role in helping identify priorities
- Barriers obstructing pavement at Riverside, Caldbeck, opposite the Oddfellows
- Midtown blocked gulley
- White lines for Riverside block pavement and by cricket club
- Friar Road and entrance to Caldbeck car park
- Blocked galleys between Blue Gate and Knocker Lane
- Knocker Lane access
- Hesket Newmarket surface water/flood mitigation including work around the Green and development site
- Hesket Newmarket proposals for safeguarding the Green
- Woodhall Lane/The Street drainage problems
- Hesket Bridge land slippage
- Historic sign post Hesket Bridge
- Road south from Calebreck and Haltcliffe to Stone Ends
- Stadle Dykes and Fellside
- Warning signs at Faulds Brow and Wath Brow – issues raised with County Council
- Faulds Brow – off road damage to common
- John Peel Shelter
- Hesket Newmarket allotments – Tree/hedge work on Isel Estate boundary
To consider any other urgent matters regarding parish maintenance.
12. Planning applications and decisions
- 7/2021/2106 3 Howbeck Cottage, Howbeck, Hesket Newmarket, CA7 8JG Amendment to window detailing, condition 2 (plans) on Listed Building Consent
- T/2021/0066 The Barn, Caldbeck, CA7 8DP Fell 1 rowan
- 7/2021/2127 Lonning Foot, Hesket Newmarket, CA7 8JU Approval of details reserved by condition 3 (materials, specification and colour of the windows and doors) of planning approval reference 7/2020/2203: Rear utility extension and associated ramp to give disabled access. Alterations to sun-room fenestration. Note: for information only
- T/2021/0041 Elm Cottage, Caldbeck, CA7 8EA Ash (T1) – fell; Elder (T2) – fell No Tree Preservation Order – carry out the works as planned
- 7/2021/2057 Linewath Farm, Hesket Newmarket, CA7 8JT Proposed installation of 3 glamping pods Granted
- 7/2021/2061 Old Crown, Hesket Newmarket, CA7 8JG Erection of an outside shelter at rear of the pub Granted
- T/2021/0022 Greenside House, Caldbeck, CA7 8EE Proposed work on six trees 1. Mature Lime: Crown thin, work will include removal of semi-mature suckers. 2. Semi-Mature Ash: Coppice to hedge line. 3. Mature Beech: Reduce height and spread of crown. 4. Rowan Ash: Reduce spread and density of crown, work includes removing ivy. 5. Mature Apple: Remove tree to ground level. Holly Bush: 6. Reduce bush to wall height No Tree Preservation Order – carry out the works as planned
- 7/2020/2243 (Full Planning application) and 7/2020/2244 (Listed Building Consent application) Howbeck Cottage, Howbeck, Hesket Newmarket, CA7 8JG Relocation of an internal partition wall and a door opening, the removal of an internal porch, replacement of all windows and front door, works to boundary wall to allow the widening of the parking area and associated works Listed Building Consent granted (7/2020/2243 – Withdrawn)
- FUL/2020/0249 Land East of Mill Row, Friars Row, Caldbeck Change of use of land to allow the siting of tents and a temporary shower/toilet block Note this an Allerdale planning application Approved with conditions
- The Old Smithy Tea Room To discuss the temporary arrangements now operating
Update on coronavirus pandemic from Cumbria Constabulary, County Council and Allerdale Borough Council and consideration of Notices.
14. Caldbeck Green
Update on pilot project proposal for increasing biodiversity on Caldbeck Green. Consideration of Hesket Newmarket pond and management of Stadledykes and land at Howbeck, Hesket Newmarket by local conservationists or Cumbria Buzz on a trial basis.
15. Lake District National Park land disposals and car parking on common land
- Update on legal and financial progress since last meeting;
- Proposals to install collection boxes at car parking sites;
- Report on installation of electric charging points;
- Common land registration.
16. Hesket Newmarket Speeding Traffic
Update on progress since the last meeting.
17. Community Led Affordable Housing
Update on progress since last meeting.
18. Parish Benches
Consideration of proposals for memorial benches from Paul Merone and Emily Heath and ongoing maintenance.
19. Government call for evidence on giving councils powers to hold virtual meetings
To consider a draft submission on the benefits of holding virtual meetings.
20. Appointment of Caldbeck Parish Hall Committee Member
To appoint a Parish Councillor to serve as a Caldbeck Parish Hall Committee Member
21. Parish Council Final Accounts and Governance Statement for 2020-21
To note the Internal Audit report, to approve the final accounts, and to complete, approve and sign the Annual Governance Statement for 2020-21.
22. Monthly Accounts 2020-21 and 2021-22
To approve the receipts and payments since the last meeting, note bank balances, and review budget monitoring report, including insurance renewal arrangements from 1 June 2021 with updated sums insured for the John Peel Shelter and Market Cross, and agree earmarked balances.
- 25 March and 26 March 2021 Allotment receipts £48.00
- 1 April 2021 Precept first instalment £9,165.00
- 1 April 2021 Allotment receipts cheques £56.00
- 5 April 2021 Allotment receipts £4.00
- 8 April 2021 Interest £0.92
- 30 March 2021 Mark Binney Lengthsman’s contract work £549.00
- 30 March 2021 HMRC Income Tax 4th Quarter £213.00
- 30 March 2021 S Smith Salary and expenses 4th Quarter £886.33
- 30 March 2021 PFK National Park land purchase advice £132.00
- 30 March 2021 Matthew Atkinson John Peel Shelter repairs £240.00
- 31 March 2021 A Macfadzean Contribution for petrol strimmer contribution £100.00
- 31 March 2021 Mrs E Benson ex gratia payment for Chapel disabled facilities £100.00
- 9 April 2021 J Paul Graham Tree/hedge work Hesket Newmarket allotment £288.00
- 20 April 2021 Jean Airey Internal Audit £50.00
- 20 April 2021 CALC subscription £196.48
Bank Balances as at 28 April 2021
- Current Account £31,827.68
- Deposit account £108,558.17 including £98,627.80 for Hesket Lonning footpath
To note items of correspondence received since the last meeting:
- Cumbria Constabulary, County Council: various coronavirus updates
- CALC: newsletters, updates
- Lake District National Park: Geoff Davies March report
24. Meeting Dates
14 June 2021
Note: This meeting may possibly be rescheduled depending on COVID and whether councils will be given authority to hold virtual meetings
26 July 2021
6 September 2021
18 October 2021
6 December 2021
10 January 2022
The intention is for the meeting to end by 9:30pm