CALDBECK PARISH COUNCIL
NOTICE of the Ordinary Meeting of the Parish Council to be held on line via Zoom Meeting ID 829 3449 5567 (passcode 702053) on Monday 11 January 2021 which takes place at 7:30pm.
To receive apologies for absence.
To authorise the Chairman to sign the minutes of the Ordinary Meeting of the Parish Council held on 7 December 2020 as a true record.
3. Declaration of Interest
- Request for Dispensations: the Clerk to report any requests received since the previous meeting for dispensations to speak and/or vote on any matter where a member has a disclosable pecuniary interest.
- To receive any other declarations by members of interests in respect of items on this agenda.
4. Public Participation
At the Chairman’s discretion, to allow members of the public an opportunity to ask questions and raise matters of interest.
- Report from Mike Johnson, County Councillor;
- Report from Tony Annison, Allerdale Borough Councillor; and
- Questions or matters of interest raised by residents.
5. Hesket Lonning Footpath
Update on progress since the last meeting.
6. Caldbeck Public Toilets
Update on transfer of public toilets from Allerdale Borough Council and ongoing arrangements.
7. Street Lighting
Update on progress since last meeting – reinstallation of light near Calva/Parish Hall
8. Parish Maintenance
Past issues for noting
- Hesket Newmarket surface water/flood mitigation including work around the Green and development site;
- Hesket Bridge land slippage;
- Barriers obstructing pavement at Riverside, Caldbeck, opposite the Oddfellows;
- Warning signs at Faulds Brow and Wath Brow – issues raised with County Council.
- Caldbeck Parish Highways priorities
- Midtown blocked gulley
- Road south from Calebreck
- Gritting between Hesket Newmarket and Millhouse
- Overhanging branches at Ratten Row House
- Faulds Brow – off road damage to common
- Historic sign post Hesket Bridge
To consider any other urgent matters regarding parish maintenance.
Update on coronavirus pandemic from Cumbria Constabulary, County Council and Allerdale Borough Council and consideration of Notices.
10. Caldbeck Green
Update on pilot project proposal for increasing biodiversity on Caldbeck Green.
11. Lake District National Park land disposals and car parking on common land
- Update on legal and financial progress since last meeting
- Proposals to install collection boxes at car parking sites;
- Report on installation of electric charging points;
- Update on management of Stadledykes and land at Howbeck, Hesket Newmarket by local conservationists or Cumbria Buzz on a trial basis.
12. Parish Lengthsman and grass cutting arrangements for 2021 to 2023
Update on progress since last meeting and consideration of contracting arrangements.
13. Hesket Newmarket Speeding Traffic
Update on progress since the last meeting.
14. Planning applications and decisions
None to date
- 7/2020/2270 (Full Planning application) and 7/2020/2271 (Listed Building Consent application) Burkley Cottage, Hesket Newmarket, CA7 8JG Conversion of former cottage and barn to living accommodation added to existing house following the withdrawal of planning application 7/2020/2105 and 2106 Planning permission granted together with Listed Building Consent
- 7/2020/2258 Evening Hill, Hesket Newmarket, CA7 8JG Proposed conversion of garage / ancillary accommodation to local occupancy dwelling Planning permission granted
15. Community Led Affordable Housing
Update on progress since last meeting.
16. Memorial bench or tree on Caldbeck Green
To consider Emily Heath’s offer to place a memorial bench or tree in Caldbeck
17. Climate Emergency motion
To consider a report on the merits of the Parish Council issuing a motion recognising the climate emergency and lobbying others to take action.
18. Parish Council Plan and Budget 2020-21and 2021-22
To approve the Parish Plan update and Budget including the precept
19. Monthly Accounts 2020-21
To approve the receipts and payments since the last meeting and note bank balances and review budget monitoring report
- 7 December 2020 Anonymous donation for National Park land purchase £10,000.00
- 8 December 2020 Interest £0.89
- Interest Cumberland Building Society for 2019-20 – tbc
- 8 December 2020 Mark Binney Lengthsman’s contract work £480.00
- 3 January 2021 HMRC Income Tax 3rd quarter £212.80
- 3 January 2021 S Smith Net salary & expenses 3rd quarter £886.53
Bank Balances as at 6 January 2021
- Current Account £27,222.56
- Deposit account £108,554.58 including £98,627.80 for Hesket Lonning footpath
To note items of correspondence received since the last meeting:
- Cumbria Constabulary, County Council: various coronavirus updates
- CALC: newsletters, updates
- Lake District National Park: Geoff Davies December report
- Customers visiting Milk House and COVID concerns
21. Next Meeting
15 February 2021
The intention is for the meeting to end by 9:30pm
Simon Smith – Clerk Dated 6 January 2021
Simon Smith, Sandale Barn, Sandale, Boltongate, Wigton CA7 1DE
Tel 016973 71008 email@example.com