Zoom Meeting ID 851 2473 0100 (passcode 122130) on Monday 7 December which takes place at 7:30pm.
To receive apologies for absence.
To authorise the Chairman to sign the minutes of the Ordinary Meeting of the Parish Council held on 19 October 2020 as a true record.
3. Declaration of Interest
- Request for Dispensations: the Clerk to report any requests received since the previous meeting for dispensations to speak and/or vote on any matter where a member has a disclosable pecuniary interest.
- To receive any other declarations by members of interests in respect of items on this agenda.
4. Public Participation
At the Chairman’s discretion, to allow members of the public an opportunity to ask questions and raise matters of interest.
- Report from Mike Johnson, County Councillor;
- Report from Tony Annison, Allerdale Borough Councillor; and
- Questions or matters of interest raised by residents.
5. Hesket Lonning Footpath
Update on progress since the last meeting.
6. Caldbeck Public Toilets
Update on transfer of public toilets from Allerdale Borough Council and ongoing arrangements.
7. Street Lighting
Update on progress since last meeting – reinstallation of light near Calva/Parish Hall
8. Parish Maintenance
- Past issues for noting
- Hesket Newmarket surface water/flood mitigation including work around the Green and development site;
- Hesket Bridge land slippage;
- Possible repair work on Banks Lane – Hesket Bridge to Millhouse;
- Barriers obstructing pavement at Riverside, Caldbeck, opposite the Oddfellows;
- Warning signs at Faulds Brow and Wath Brow – issues raised with County Council.
- Other issues
- Caldbeck Parish Highways priorities
- Fair Trade shop tarmac repairs
- Hedge cuttings
- Caldbeck Autumn tidy
- Midtown blocked gulley
- Road south from Calebreck
- Gritting between Hesket Newmarket and Millhouse
- Overhanging branches at Ratten Row House
- Faulds Brow – off road damage to common
- To consider any other urgent matters regarding parish maintenance.
Update on coronavirus pandemic from Cumbria Constabulary, County Council and Allerdale Borough Council and consideration of Notices.
10. Caldbeck Green
To consider Elspeth’s Mackenzie’s proposal for increasing biodiversity on Caldbeck Green and alternatives.
11. Lake District National Park land disposals and car parking on common land
- Update on progress since last meeting including:
- instruction of solicitors;
- reinstruction of land agent for final advice;
- instruction of the barrister on common land issues;
and subject to completing the purchase:
- proposals to install collection boxes at car parking sites;
- investigating installation of electric charging points;
- offering the management of Stadledykes and land at Howbeck, Hesket Newmarket to our local conservationists or Cumbria Buzz on a trial basis.
12. Standing Orders
To consider a report on Standing Orders and approve updated draft Standing Orders
13. Parish Lengthsman and grass cutting arrangements for 2021 to 2023
Update on progress since last meeting and consideration of contracting arrangements.
14. Hesket Newmarket Speeding Traffic
Update on progress since the last meeting.
15. Planning applications and decisions
- FUL/2020/0249 Land East of Mill Row, Friars Row, Caldbeck Change of use of land to allow the siting of tents and a temporary shower/toilet block. [Note this an Allerdale planning application and Allerdale’s website is not currently available – papers will be added to the Caldbeck Parish website.]
- 7/2020/2270 (Full Planning application) and 7/2020/2271 (Listed Building Consent application) Burkley Cottage, Hesket Newmarket, CA7 8JG Conversion of former cottage and barn to living accommodation added to existing house following the withdrawal of planning application 7/2020/2105 and 2106
- 7/2020/2258 Evening Hill, Hesket Newmarket, CA7 8JG Proposed conversion of garage / ancillary accommodation to local occupancy dwelling
- 7/2020/2243 (Full Planning application) and 7/2020/2244 (Listed Building Consent application) Howbeck Cottage, Howbeck, Hesket Newmarket, CA7 8JG Relocation of an internal partition wall and a door opening, the removal of an internal porch, replacement of all windows and front door, works to boundary wall to allow the widening of the parking area and associated works
- Decisions notified
- T/2020/0141 Dyke Nook, Caldbeck, CA7 8EW Tree Work in Conservation Area No objection
- T/2020/0124 Dyke Nook, Caldbeck, CA7 8EW Reduce height and thin growth on yew trees No objection
- 7/2020/2203 Lonning Foot, Hesket Newmarket, CA7 8JU Rear utility extension and associated ramp to give disabled access. Alterations to sun-room fenestration Approved with conditions
16. Community Led Affordable Housing
Update on progress since last meeting.
17. Report on Parish Website
To receive a report on the updating of the Parish Website.
18. Memorial bench or tree on Caldbeck Green
To consider Emily Heath’s offer to place a memorial bench or tree in Caldbeck
19. Caldbeck Post Office
To consider a report on Caldbeck Post Office arrangements.
20. Monthly Accounts 2020-21
To approve the receipts and payments since the last meeting and note bank balances and review budget monitoring report and to consider a draft budget
- 8 November Interest £0.92
- Interest Cumberland Building Society for 2019-20 – tbc
- 17 October 2020 Mark Binney Grass cutting £207.75
- 16 November 2020 Mark Binney Lengthsman’s contract work £408.00
- 16 November 2020 St Kentigern’s contribution to grass cutting £750.00
- 16 November 2020 Northern Fells Group Minibus £300.00
- 16 November 2020 First Responders £70.00
- 28 November 2020 Great North Air Ambulance £200.00
- 28 November 2020 First Responders £70.00
- Bank Balances as at 10 October 2020
- Current Account £18,801.89
- Deposit account £108,553.69 including £98,627.80 for Hesket Lonning footpath
21. Draft budget 2021-22
To consider a report on the draft budget and precept for 2021-22 to be approved at the meeting on 11 January.
To note items of correspondence received since the last meeting:
- Cumbria Constabulary, County Council: various coronavirus updates
- Lake District National Park: Geoff Davies November report
23. Meeting Dates
11 January 2021
15 February 2021
22 March 2021 (Easter Monday is 5 April)
10 May 2021 (early May bank holiday is 3 May)
14 June 2021
26 July 2021
6 September 2021
18 October 2021
6 December 2021
10 January 2022
The intention is for the meeting to end by 9:30pm
|1||Draft minutes 20.10.19||View / Download|
|2||Caldbeck Green Biodiversity Proposal||View / Download|
|3||Biodiversity Plan||View / Download|
|4||Caldbeck Green grasscutting 29.11.20||View / Download|
|5||Standing Orders 2020-21||View / Download|
|6||Friar Row Camp Site Planning Application||View / Download|
|7||Heritage Statement||View / Download|
|8||Flood Risk Assessment||View / Download|
|9||Ecological Appraisal||View / Download|