NOTICE of the Ordinary Meeting of the Parish Council to be held on line via Zoom Meeting ID 850 5775 2764 (Passcode: 959012) on Monday 15 February 2021 which takes place at 7:30pm.
To receive apologies for absence.
To authorise the Chairman to sign the minutes of the Ordinary Meeting of the Parish Council held on 11 January 2021 as a true record.
3. Declaration of Interest
Request for Dispensations: the Clerk to report any requests received since the previous meeting for dispensations to speak and/or vote on any matter where a member has a disclosable pecuniary interest.
To receive any other declarations by members of interests in respect of items on this agenda.
4. Public Participation
At the Chairman’s discretion, to allow members of the public an opportunity to ask questions and raise matters of interest.
- Report from Mike Johnson, County Councillor;
- Report from Tony Annison, Allerdale Borough Councillor; and
- Questions or matters of interest raised by residents.
5. Hesket Lonning Footpath
Update on progress since the last meeting.
6. Caldbeck Public Toilets
Update on transfer of public toilets from Allerdale Borough Council and ongoing arrangements.
7. Street Lighting
Update on progress since last meeting – reinstallation of light near Calva/Parish Hall
8. Parish Maintenance
- Past issues for noting
- Hesket Newmarket surface water/flood mitigation including work around the Green and development site;
- Hesket Bridge land slippage;
- Barriers obstructing pavement at Riverside, Caldbeck, opposite the Oddfellows;
- Warning signs at Faulds Brow and Wath Brow – issues raised with County Council.
b) Other issues
- Caldbeck Parish Highways priorities
- Midtown blocked gulley
- Road south from Calebreck
- Gritting between Hesket Newmarket and Millhouse
- Overhanging branches at Ratten Row House
- Faulds Brow – off road damage to common
- Historic sign post Hesket Bridge
- White lines for Riverside block pavement and by cricket club
- Hesket Newmarket proposals for safeguarding the Green
- Additional grit supplies for Parish winter maintenance
To consider any other urgent matters regarding parish maintenance.
Update on coronavirus pandemic from Cumbria Constabulary, County Council and Allerdale Borough Council and consideration of Notices.
10. Caldbeck Green
Update on pilot project proposal for increasing biodiversity on Caldbeck Green. Consideration of Caldbeck pond and management of Stadledykes and land at Howbeck, Hesket Newmarket by local conservationists or Cumbria Buzz on a trial basis.
11. Lake District National Park land disposals and car parking on common land
- Update on legal and financial progress since last meeting, including Counsel’s opinion on Commons car parking;
- Proposals to install collection boxes at car parking sites;
- Report on installation of electric charging points;
- Insurance arrangements.
12. Hesket Newmarket Speeding Traffic
Update on progress since the last meeting.
13. Planning applications and decisions
- 7/2021/2009 Sharpe House, Caldbeck, CA7 8EX Kitchen extension No objection
- T/2021/0015 The Old Rectory, Caldbeck, CA7 8DP Proposed work on three trees in Conservation Area 1. Silver birch – remove dead wood, lower crown height and shorten extended branches; 2. Wild Pear – remove; 3. Norwegian Maple – remove. No objection
- T/2021/0022 Greenside House, Caldbeck, CA7 8EE Proposed work on six trees 1. Mature Lime: Crown thin, work will include removal of semi-mature suckers. 2. Semi-Mature Ash: Coppice to hedge line. 3. Mature Beech: Reduce height and spread of crown. 4. Rowan Ash: Reduce spread and density of crown, work includes removing ivy. 5. Mature Apple: Remove tree to ground level. Holly Bush: 6. Reduce bush to wall height
- Decisions notified
- 7/2020/2293 Beech Cottage, Caldbeck, CA7 8DU (Confirmation of compliance with condition attached to planning permission) Approval of details reserved by condition no. 2 on planning approval 7/2020/2012 (Demolition of buildings attached to main dwelling and erection of new extension in place.): Windows & Doors Approved
14. Community Led Affordable Housing
Update on progress since last meeting.
15. Parish Council Internal Controls
To approve the assessment of internal controls for 2020-21 and related documentation
16. Monthly Accounts 2020-21
To approve the receipts and payments since the last meeting, note bank balances, and review budget monitoring report
- 25 January 2021 Fair World Shop John Peel Shelter rent £50.00
- 8 February 2021 Interest £0.92
- 12 January 2021 Mark Binney Lengthsman’s contract work £472.00
- 13 January 2021 Francis Taylor Building legal advice re Commons Car Parks £1,200.00
- 13 January 2021 Caldbeck Parish Hall room hire £24.00
- 5 February 2021 Information Commission Officer data protection registration £35.00
Bank Balances as at 6 February 2021
- Current Account £26,471.79
- Deposit account £108,556.42 including £98,627.80 for Hesket Lonning footpath
To note items of correspondence received since the last meeting:
- Cumbria Constabulary, County Council: various coronavirus updates
- CALC: newsletters, updates
- Lake District National Park: Geoff Davies January report
18. Meeting Dates
22 March 2021 (Easter Monday is 5 April)
10 May 2021 (early May bank holiday is 3 May)
14 June 2021
26 July 2021
6 September 2021
18 October 2021
6 December 2021
10 January 2022
The intention is for the meeting to end by 9:30pm
|1||Draft Minutes 11 January 2021||View / Download|