Agenda for the Caldbeck Parish Council meeting to be held in Caldbeck Parish Hall on Thursday 13 January 2022 at 7:30pm.
To receive apologies for absence.
To authorise the Chairman to sign the minutes of the Ordinary Meeting of the Parish Council held on 8 December 2021 as a true record.
3.Declaration of Interest – Request for Dispensations: the Clerk to report any requests received since the previous meeting for dispensations to speak and/or vote on any matter where a member has a disclosable pecuniary interest. To receive any other declarations by members of interests in respect of items on this agenda.
- Public Participation
At the Chairman’s discretion, to allow members of the public an opportunity to ask questions and raise matters of interest.
- Report from Mike Johnson, County Councillor.
- Report from Tony Annison, Allerdale Borough Councillor.
- Questions or matters of interest raised by residents.
Update on coronavirus pandemic from County Council and Allerdale Borough Council.
- Hesket Lonning Footpath
Update on progress since the last meeting.
- Caldbeck Public Toilets
Update on transfer of public toilets from Allerdale Borough Council and ongoing arrangements.
- Street Lighting
Update on progress since last meeting – reinstallation of light near Calva/Parish Hall and disconnection of Hesket Newmarket street lights. Light repairs at Caldbeck and Hesket.
9. Caldbeck and Hesket Greens
- Update on pilot project proposal for increasing biodiversity on Caldbeck Green.
- Consideration of Hesket Newmarket pond and management of Stadledykes and land at Howbeck,Hesket Newmarket.
- Hesket Green and verge protection.
10 Property Matters
- Update on Caldbeck car park, notices, arrangements for cash and non cash donations, demarcation of parking spaces, removal of the trailer.
- Arrangements for Hesket Newmarket car park.
- The Coach House, Hesket Newmarket.
- The Old Map Shop, Caldbeck.
- Tree survey on land at Caldbeck and Hesket Newmarket.
- Property Working Group report
- Car parking in Caldbeck
Update on progress since last meeting. Coning in front of Riverside.
- Speeding Traffic in Hesket Newmarketand Caldbeck
Update on progress since the last meeting and consideration of Caldbeck speeding concerns.
13. Parish Maintenance
- Caldbeck Parish Highways priorities
- EI/18856 – Upton potholes/resurfacing – gully clean has been undertaken.
- EI/18857 – Warning signs at Faulds Brow and Wath Brow – Faulds Brow installed
- EI/18934 – Sign at Blue Gates after car accident 8 August 2021- re-installed?
- EI/18936 – Snowhill damaged sign post
- EI/18937 – Historic sign post Hesket Bridge – re-installed?
- EI/21838- Sign on road near Park End.
- EI/32699 – Midtown blocked gulley.
- EI/36594 – Pothole Pasture Lane
- EI/36597 – Pothole Ratten Row
- Blocked drainage ditches on Caldbeck Common above Knocker House.
- Winter gritting
- Howk signposting and step.
- Dustbins Faulds Brow and Blue Gates.
To consider any other urgent matters regarding parish maintenance
14 Planning applications and decisions
- a) Applications
- 7/2021/2365 at 7/2021/2365 at Townend Farm, Haltcliff, CA7 8JT
- 7/2021/2368 at The Temperance Hall, Hesket Newmarket, CA7 8JG
- b) Decisions notified
- 2296 – Howbeck (Granted)
- T/0189 – Holy Tree (No Objection)
c) Muddy Duck
- Community Led Affordable Housing
Update on progress since last meeting.
- Lengthsman activities
To consider activities undertaken under the Lengthsman’s contract.
17. The Queens Platinum Jubilee Celebrations
- Monthly Accounts 2021-22
To approve the receipts and payments since the last meeting, note bank balances, review budget monitoring report.
To note items of correspondence received since the last meeting:
- Cumbria Constabulary, County Council: various coronavirus updates.
- CALC: newsletters, updates.
- Lake District National Park: Geoff Davies November report.
- Upcoming meeting Dates
21st February, 28th March, 9th May, 13th June, 25th July, 5th September, 17th October, 5th December
The intention is for the meeting to end by 9:30pm